Committee for Citizen Involvement
CITY OF JACKSONVILLE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: CHAPTER ONE
2. Committee for Citizen Involvement (CCI)
(A) The role of the CCI shall be to:
1. Serve as the City Council's planning and supervisory arm for carrying out functions and requirements of the Civic Engagement Program as outlined herein;
2. Advocate for public participation in the City's land use processes, programs, and concerns;
3. Recruit candidates with the demonstrated background or technical knowledge to assist in addressing the City's specific land use concerns;
4. Make and maintain a list of individuals who are willing, when needed, to participate on various CACs or other committees;
5. Guide CACs or other committees in their approaches to particular problems or assignments;
6. Provide a facilitator, as necessary, to assist in the CAC process;
7. Facilitate technical and expert assistance to the CACs and Ad Hoc Committees;
8. Facilitate CAC and Ad Hoc Committee communication with the City Council;
9. Request funding for the Civic Engagement Program; and
10. Monitor and make recommendations to the City Council for the enhancement of civic participation in all aspects of planning processes, including improvements to two-way communication.
(B) The appointment and structure of the CCI shall be as follows:
1. Number of voting members: Minimum of five and maximum of seven;
2. Residency Requirement: Membership shall be limited to Jacksonville residents;
3. Participating non-voting members: One liaison from the City Council and Planning Commission. The Committee may include non-residents or business owners as needed. A City of Jacksonville staff person shall serve as an ex-officio member of the committee;
4. Appointment process: After analyzing submitted applications to serve on the CCI, the City Council shall interview candidates and appoint a minimum of five and maximum of seven voting members, along with the City Council liaison. The Planning Commission liaison shall be selected by the Planning Commission;
5. Term of membership: Four years on an overlapping basis;
6. Officers: During the first meeting of a new calendar year, the CCI shall elect a Chairperson and Vice Chairperson to serve a one-year term. A city staff person may serve as Secretary when deemed necessary by the Chair; and
7. Vacancies: Vacancies shall be filled by City Council appointment.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.