The Jackson County Courthouse, built in 1884, served as the hub of Jackson County government until the county seat was moved to Medford in 1927. In 1950, the Southern Oregon Historical Society (SOHS) turned the empty building into a museum for 60 years after which the County transferred ownership to the City of Jacksonville. The City moved its offices into the retrofitted building in 2016.
The City Administrator's office directs and supervises the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the City and is responsible to the City Council for the proper administration of all affairs of the City. The Administrator attends city council meetings and issues reports on policy, budget, staffing and other information pertinent to community concerns. The Administration office also includes the Finance Director, Utility Clerk and City Recorder.
Please contact Jackson County Justice Court at 541-774-1286 for all court related questions.